Thomas Healy is an Assistant Professor in the Intensive English Program at the Pratt Institute, New York City. A full time instructor, he presents regularly on how to adapt traditional classroom materials to meet the needs of the Selfie Generation, and how to use widely available and easy-to-use digital tools in language learning.
Today, he previews his upcoming webinar ‘Reading Skills for the Selfie Generation’ with a short vlog outlining his approach.
The “Selfie Generation” interacts with reading materials in profoundly different ways compared to previous generations. Learners are now challenged by both print and interactive, digital text. How can we build their traditional reading skills while improving their digital literacy?
– Learn how to make your materials and classroom activities more interactive using easy-to-use an affordable computer applications
– Even non technologically minded instructors will come away with ideas that are easy to implement
In this free-to-attend webinar, you can expect to –
- Learn how to harness technology in a productive way to support literacy and language learning for students with dyslexia at all levels
- Gain ideas for formative assessment using appropriate apps to monitor progress
- Embrace learning technology in simple, easy ways – no matter your budget
If you’d like to attend the webinar or receive a recording of one of the sessions, simply register at the link below.