For the fourth year running, Lexiophiles (in association with bab.la) is on the hunt for the Top 100 Language Lovers 2011. In 2010, Oxford was proud to have been awarded 27th place in the Top 100 Language Blogs competition for this blog, and 11th place in the Language Teaching Blogs category.
This year, Lexiophiles and bab.la are extending the competition beyond language blogs to include Facebook pages and Twitter feeds that focus on language learning and provide a range of information and resources for language learners and professionals. Of the 747 providers nominated, 500 have been selected for voting, of which the top 25 in each category will form the Top 100 Language Lovers 2011.
The OUP ELT Global team is delighted to have been shortlisted in not one, but three categories this year:
- Language Learning Blogs for our OUP Global Blog
- Language Facebook Pages for our Oxford University Press – ELT Facebook page
- Language Twitterers for our @OUPELTGlobal Twitter feed
So… time for another shameless plug! We’d love to feature in the Top 100 again, so here’s our appeal for help…
If you like our blog, Facebook page or Twitter feed, please vote for them! To vote, simply click on the button at the top of this post and choose the relevant category, or select one of the categories above, and find us in the list. Select the checkbox next to our name and then click on ‘Vote’ at the bottom of the list. Please note, you can vote only once in each category.
We also acknoweldge the fact that there are many great providers of language content in these categories and that you may already have your favourites. So we thought we’d share ours with you. Even if you can’t vote for all of your favourites, it’s worth subscribing to or following them anyway.
Here’s a breakdown of our favourites by category:
Language Learning Blogs
- A CLIL to Climb
- A Journey in TEFL
- Burcu Akyol’s Blog
- English Virtual Community
- Ken Wilson’s Blog
- Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day
- Marisa Constantinides – TEFL Matters
- OUP Global Blog – What? We had to put it in!
- Sean Banville’s Blog
- Teacher Boot Camp
- Teaching Village
- The English Blog
- The Lives of Teachers
Language Facebook Pages
- BBC Learning English
- ESL Library
- Oxford University Press – ELT – I know, I know!
- TeachingEnglish | British Council
- @brad5patterson (Brad Patterson)
- @englishfeed (Englishfeed)
- @eslcorner (The ESL Corner)
- @OUPELTGlobal (OUP ELT Global) – Alright, we get it!
- @OxfordWords (Oxford Dictionaries)
- @thinkingenglish (Thinking English)
So get voting! Remember, we’re in the Language Learning Blogs, Language Facebook Pages and Language Twitterers categories. Voting closes on 29th May, so be quick!!